Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Coming to America.


I was like any typical child living in Brazil my thoughts were not of the future but of in the moment. I did not think that my life would drastically change with the matter of one decision which, was coming here to the United States of the age of nine. I did not think that was going to be the last time that I would see my mother after nine years. I had prepared all week for the big moment of leaving everything and everyone I know. I had butterflies rising from my stomach because all I wanted to do is see America and all the good things that they had to offer. I was excited and scared at the same time. I never went on airplane before and I was going alone. I did not understand why my mother couldn't go with me. Plus, I thought I was just going to be in the United States just for a couple of months until summer vacation ended for Brazil. I wanted to experience Disneyland. I heard many great things about it and that was one of my main purposes at the time. I was also looking forward to see my father because I did not see him for at least six years.

At some point I was mad at my mother for letting me go. I remember my mother and uncle that dropped me off at the airport. Finally, it was the stop point I gave my uncle a big hug then I reached to my mother and gave her a slight hug because I was sad that she could not go with me. But then I immediately had an instinct as if someone was telling me to go back and give her another hug and I cried to her and that was the last time I saw her. I walked into the plane and there was a flight attendant always by my side making sure that I was ok. I was in the plane excited, scared, nervous and afraid of the unknown. As the plane began to start moving my stomach began to turn. I was not sure if it was because I was afraid or because I had no support going through this experience. I started to bawl. Tears just kept going pouring and pouring. I felt like I was leaving a part of me which is my mother all alone and I was there all alone.

Arriving to Los Angeles.


No comments:

Post a Comment